October is National ADHD Awareness Month, however there are plenty of reasons to promote positive ADHD awareness EVERY day. ADDitude, the companion website to the magazine of the same name has a calendar download that provides a daily suggestion for capturing awareness and promoting community involvement and support for ADHD. Following is a sampling of some tips suggested by ADDitude to launch your own ADHD awareness campaign.
- Follow ADDitude on Twitter for daily myths, surprising truths and motivational quotes.
- Share what you learn with a Facebook status update or other social media post.
- While you’re at it LIKE ADDitude on Facebook.
- Revise your email signature to highlight ADHD awareness month and include one fact about ADHD to help dispel the myths surrounding ADHD.
- Attend some of the many webinars offered on ADHD
You can find all of these resources and more at http://www.additudemag.com/. October is the perfect time to join the nation in promoting ADHD awareness and educating as many people as possible. “Changing misperceptions about ADHD has the potential to improve the lives of millions of people.” Take the time to make a difference!