Welcome to Greenwood School
A Jacksonville school for children with different learning styles.
At Greenwood School we recognize that no two students are the same and neither are their learning styles. Therefore teachers use multi-sensory teaching methods: hands on, auditory and visual. Since 1985, children with reading disabilities, memory deficits, and other learning differences have found success at Greenwood School. Here, we believe there’s no such thing as a child who can’t learn—just children who have different learning styles.
All graduating seniors at Greenwood School earn a standard high school diploma, and two-thirds of Greenwood’s graduates continue on to an institution of higher learning. Our students are performing at or above grade level requirements.
Unlike other Jacksonville schools, Greenwood School tailors its curriculum to the learning style of its students. Children who struggle with reading, for example, learn more by doing or listening. Greenwood School serves middle school and high school students.
A Greenwood School Student:
* Is smarter than his or her grades reflect
* Has difficulty with organization and time management
* Cannot keep up with the written workload
* Needs a parent to spend 2 to 3 hours each night helping with homework
* May forget to turn in homework or loses classroom assignments
* Exhibits behavior that is conducive to a positive learning environment
Greenwood School is the premier private school for average to above average middle school and high school students who have different learning styles.
Greenwood School is fully accredited through the Florida Council of Independent Schools