Parent Teacher Organization
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
The PTO supports the education of the students at The Greenwood School by fostering relationships among the School administration, staff and the parents. The PTO supports a variety of student enrichment opportunities throughout the year. Volunteer time is one of the most valuable donations you can make to your child’s educational experience.
Meetings are held at 2:00 pm the second Wednesday of each month during the school year. Everyone is encouraged to attend and to contribute ideas about ways we can enhance our students’ experiences.
Activities sponsored by the PTO include:
- Purchasing equipment and supplies for students and classrooms
- Providing a scholarship fund for field trip buses
- Providing a volunteer base to help in the classrooms and on field trips
- Sponsoring staff appreciation functions such as monthly treats and annual luncheon
- Providing hospitality for Graduation
- Coordinating Box Tops for Education
- Assisting with Vision Screenings
- Volunteer base for school events
- Voluneers and donations of concessions at games and events